Tutorial: Modeling and Deploying DSP Algorithms to STM32 Microcontrollers using Matlab
The ability to model and simulate a digital signal processing (DSP) algorithm is critical to modern embedded systems. Unfortunately, many developers aren’t familiar with the techniques necessary to model and deploy their model to their target microcontroller. Instead, they lose valuable time by hand coding the algorithms.
In this session, we will show how to produce an embedded implementation of a DSP algorithm based on a simulation model written in MATLAB, and then deploy an algorithm to an embedded system. We’ll use the STM32 microcontroller family as an example.
This session will include:
- How to model a simple DSP algorithm.
- An example for simulating algorithm behavior.
- The process for deploying the model to a microcontroller target.
- Techniques to tie the model into existing embedded software.
- Tool and techniques that are available to developers to simplify development.